Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

267. Breaking the Barrier... pt. 1

by lovelovekitty on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 am


((Blurry photos are purposeful for nighttime scene....))

Image
Adela: Allright.. when she comes out just grab her and run back to The Manor.. I don't care if you have to drag her, she's got a guardian. I'll deal with him but if you two stick around you are just going to get in my way!!

Image
Cora: But Adela.. what about you..
Adela: Would you shut up?! Do you want to get her out or not? Do exactly what I say and you will have her tonight.

Image
Adela: I swear to god, I'm going through all this trouble for you, the least you could do is just do what I say!!

Image
Cora: I know Adela.. I'm sorry.. I am just worried for you...
Adela: Well don't be.

Image
Adela: There! The barrier is shimmering... *holds up her hand and closes her eyes, the wind moving slightly as she gathers energy to her fingertips, opening them* Break!!

Image
Adela: *feels a gush of wind as the barrier bursts, running into the forest at a quick speed* Take her and run Cora!!
Cora: *catches the body as it seems to fall out of nowhere*

Image
Cora: M-MERYL!!
Meryl: Unnghh...
Cora: Shhh.. *begins to half-drag, half-carry her back to The Manor, moving quickly through the woods*

Image
Cora: We're almost there...
Meryl: Enngh...

Image
Meryl: Co...ra? Mo...m?
Cora: It's okay Meryl... it's me.. I'm getting you back to The Manor..
Meryl: M... *passes out as Cora continues to drag her back to The Manor*

Meanwhile... Deeper in the Forest...

Image
Adela: *runs swiftly through the branches, hearing the creature chasing behind her*

Image
Adela: *turns around quickly* ENOUGH! Go back to the Barrier from whence you came!! *holds up her hand as the creature rushes her, ramming into her, a small ball of red appearing in it as she lets it go in a monsterous blast of fire*

Back At The Manor...

Image
Cora: *lays the unconscious Meryl onto the bed, panting heavily* Stronger then I look aren't I..? That wasn't so bad... you are safe now...

Image
Bhudo: *bursts in the room* Corina what in the hell is going on?!

Image
Cora: I'm okay Bhudo... can you leave for just a moment please? I'm going to change her...

Image
Bhudo: *turns towards the door* Sure. I can do that..

A Few Minutes Later...

Image
Cora: Bhudo... you can come back in.

Image
Bhudo: Is this... Meryl? Your friend Kirathi's daughter...?

Image
Cora: *smiles at Meryl, sleeping in her bed* Yes.. This is her. I'd know her anywhere.... she certainly has grown.

Image
Cora: Adela... has Adela returned yet??

Image
Bhudo: Was she with you..?
Cora: Yes.. Adela is the one that rescued Meryl. She broke the barrier so that I could grab her... and led the guardian who was keeping Meryl off into the woods..
Bhudo: That was... suspiciously selfless of her... >.>

Image
Cora: Don't say that Bhudo... she's been working for weeks to break this barrier... Adela... she is wonderful.

Image
Cora: I'm going to stay here with Meryl... Please keep an eye out for Adela for me... please Bhudo.. I beg you.

Image
Bhudo: Yes my love... of course I will. I'll go and see if I can't track her down - but as we all know by now... she's very good at keeping her tracks hidden.. so I can't promise anything.

Image
Cora: *holds her hand* I think Adela will be okay... I owe her so much... Meryl.. is like my daughter too...

((We are happy to have enmirii's Meryl here visiting with us.. part 2 to this story will be up tomorrow!!))

........

No comments:

Post a Comment