Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

287. Emergency Sending Home...

by lovelovekitty on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 pm


Image
Cora: Oh Meryl...

Image
Cora: What could be wrong with her Adela? Does she just have the flu or something...?

Image
Adela: Don't be ridiculous... I hate to break it to you but Meryl is not a normal girl... She's something strange and since I haven't figured it out yet, I wouldn't take any chances...

Image
Cora: Taking chances? What do you mean...?!
Adela: I mean I don't know how serious this is... the best thing to do is to send her back where she came from.. home.

Image
Adela: The Glen, admittably, is not easy to get in to. The best I can do is send her through portal to get her as close as I can. Right now it's just a fever - I should be able to send her close enough for her to get home without any trouble.

Image
Meryl: N-no!! Please Mama... I can't go home. Please don't send me home, I just can't go!

Image
Adela: Is dying preferable? I could arrange for a quick one.

Image
Meryl: Please Mama....
Cora: Meryl... I don't know what's wrong with you... and if Adela doesn't know I have faith that we aren't going to be able to figure it out here.

Image
Adela: I have alot of work to do... I don't have time to sit here and bicker with you. I should have the portal finished tonight, we'll send her through then. *leaves the room, limping slightly still*

Image
Meryl: I can't go home yet Mama... I still have things I need to do.

Image
Cora: Meryl... what things..?

Image
Meryl: I can't say... please... try to understand...

Image
Cora: I am trying to understand Meryl... but the only thing my heart is telling me right now is to preserve your life... maybe you can start out on your journey again, after you've gotten better. But for now, you have to go home because it's the best chance for you to get better. You aren't going to find anything you need to... until you've gotten better.

Image
Meryl: *sighs and turns her face away* .... all right...

MEANWHILE...

Image
Iram: *grabs Adela's arm as she heads down the hallway* Adela.

Image
Adela: *snaps her arm away, crossing them over her chest* Don't you dare presume to touch me! What the hell do you want?! I'm a little busy right now!

Image
Iram: Do you really think you are well enough to be opening a portal? Your leg hasn't yet fully healed...

Image
Adela: Why the hell do you care? And my leg is my own damn fault for not mixing the serum correctly - my alchemy never seems to want to work when I need to use it for myself.

Image
Iram: Adela. I don't think you're well enough for this.

Image
Adela: Ha! Don't pretend to care about my health or well-being Iram... give me a break!

Image
Hannibal: *seemingly appears out of nowhere* Ya know I actually agree... I dont' think yer healed enough for this yet Adela.

Image
Adela: .... I hate it when you come out of nowhere like that.
Hannibal: Eh I do what I can. In any case, yer gonna make yerself worse if ya keep carrying on like ya do... yer not giving yerself time to heal when there needs to be healing done. I thought I taught ya better then this on the battlefield. I forbid ya to go through with this.

Image
Adela: Oh..? I'd like to see you try and stop me...
Hannibal: Ya know that even if I tried ya'd find some way to defy me, like ya always do.
Adela: Then there you go... *leaves the room*

Image
Hannibal: *walks past Iram, pausing for a minute* Ya'd better find something else to do with yer time besides half-attempting to pursue my daughter, dragon. She doesn't know it yet... but she's already spoken for.
Iram: You are right - She was spoken for the minute she snuck into my office and left her scent.
Hannibal: *merely shakes his head, making a disgusted noise and walking past*

....

No comments:

Post a Comment